
4th of July weekend from beginning to end!
Friday: Katie, Candy & I (a.k.a Mandy) went and saw eclipse together. Since we are moving at the end of the month I have been trying to squeeze in as much as I can with the "Fab Five" before we leave.. Just in case you are a little confused about who the "Fab Five" are, they are my closest dental hygiene friends from college. And all of them live here in the Midwest
Tini= "Chi-town"
Dawny= "Missoura"
Kaite= "St. Louie"
Candy= "Red Bud"
We are all pretty scattered, but now that Chris & I moving to Seattle it won't be so easy to take a little weekend road trip to go see them.
Katie, Mandy & Candy! We had such a good time just laughing our heads off together! I'm gonna miss those two.

Chris & I went to our first Cubs game ever with Tini & Mark & guess what?

They won!!!!! Post game we drove around and showed Chris parts of Chicago he had never seen before and went to Giordano's for dinner. That night we went home and the boys took naps while Tini & soaked up every minute together.. then we went to this really fabulous Mexican restaurant and munched while Mark & Chris watched a UFC Fight.
That morning we all slept in! That is one of my very favorite things about Tini she loves to sleep and after a late night out I do too. Then we went to this darling place for breakfast called Orange Brunch. It was very lovely.
We drove out to Naperville & went to "Rib Fest" (which if you know Chris & I you know we L-O-V-E, LOVE Ribs) and saw a few bands play one of which was Tonic.... I'm don't know if you'd remember who they are or not but it was an immediate flash back to 6th grade for me. I took video as I always do but I am technology challenged so I can't for the life of me figure out how get those to post!
"Rib Fest" was definitely hilarious, none of us had ever been so we didn't know what to expect. We all kinda thought it would just be a little festival not too big but not too small. But it ended up being this HUGE event, there were tones of stands who claimed to be world champion winners of, rib making i guess..... Anyway they all had their trophy's sitting out in front of there stand to prove to you they were the best... it was so funny. Chris and I walked up and down this massive row of rib stands trying to decide who we thought would possibly be the best using there trophy's and the smell to decide...
We made our decision and it was indeed scrumptious!

That night we went to the beach on Lake Michigan and watched fire works.. I think that says enough for its self....




It is always sad to say good bye to such good friends, but yet exciting to start planning our next trip!












looks like you had a fun weekend!! i love that cake!
ReplyDeleteAmanda I luff you!! Also dang those Cubbies sweeping my poor struggling D'backs they could have lost one....or the two I actually went to >.> the sad thing is I think there were more cubs fans than D'back ones but I digress, it's good to see you're having a fun time and being creative.
ReplyDelete