One of my BFF's Mandi & I took a little road trip to Gracey, KY this weekend to see our other BFF Leila. We of course brought along Kempton (who is always such a trooper).
Just a little note about my Mandi... She loves to read like no one I've ever seen. Anytime anywhere she is reading... For instances on our drive home she even admitted to me that the thought constantly crosses her mind of picking her book up while she is driving... While I am glad she resisted, it made me appreciate her fun & irresistible cork-ie personality that I don't know what I would do without!
We went out for tea at Burdett's Tea Shop in Springfield, KY and had a lovely lunch too! It was absolutely scrumptious!
Leila's sister Anna went to prom and looked as beautiful as ever, so i just had to include this image.
Although the weather was not the best this weekend (it thunder-stormed all weekend), it didn't seem to matter. Sometimes I think we get so busy planning things to do while we are together we forget how much fun it is just be together.
It is kinda common knowledge that Mandi & I have become the craft queen's.. I say that only because it seems like every week we are starting new crafts or finishing old projects in our spare time together. So we took one of our projects we've been working on with us and had Leila joined in too. We also stayed up the rest of the night catching up on Vampire Diaries.
Towards the end of our trip as we were saying our goodbyes we were attempting a photo op. Meanwhile Kempton & the dogs we just not having it. So this was the best we came up with, Riley still seemed to make it in the photo trying to kiss me.... And considering my lack of love for animals I think I held my self together pretty well in the picture.
Kempton & Riley in action "eye to eye".
This trip was yet another bitter sweet moment reminding me of change. So much has changed in the last year and more is yet to come. As Tony Horton would say "I hate it, but I love it". Mandi is moving in a month which will leave me yet again friendless in Carbondale and much more change is on the horizon for Chris & I as we too begin another chapter in our lives together.
But, no need to worry "distance makes the heart grow fonder" our adventures together are not over!












SUPER cute update! Way to pull a Leila and update within minutes of finishing the fun!! And it certainly was fun- such a blast! I'm bugged that we didn't do it sooner so there could have been multiple trips... but as you say, the fun doesn't have to stop just 'cuz we're moving. Love ya!
ReplyDeleteamanda, you are so gorgeous. miss you
ReplyDelete